Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Reusable "Post-It" Notes!

If you work in an office, then you may have noticed a large amount of those little sticky notes being made and then thrown away at the end of every day. They are the go-to for making a quick note, but then we often don't even need that information anymore at the end of a task. Seems like a lot of paper being used up for something only temporary!

So when I wanted to make a thank-you gift for a couple of my supervisors, I thought I would put together something cute and useful -- a reusable post-it note!

Ain't it adorable? I even included calming images of nature cut out from a magazine. All I needed was a small frame (available at craft stores or paint one picked up at a second-hand store!), ribbon, hot glue, and colorful Expo dry erase markers. So simple! And just wipe away your notes when you're done!


I even hot-glued a little loop of ribbon in the back to hold in the marker. Such an easy project, and an affordable, eco-friendly way of showing your appreciation! I can't wait to make one for my own desk now too!

What fun ways do you use to try to make the office utilize more sustainable practices? Feel free to share pictures of your own creations in the comments!

Happy crafting,
The Yuppie Hippie

No comments:

Post a Comment