Monday, June 24, 2013

The Latest in Alternative Transportation

Source: Longboard Stroller pinboards
No, this post is not about the Silver Line coming to NoVa... it is about what I feel is the latest and greatest idea for commuting to work or even just a quick trip to the grocery store -- behold the longboard stroller!

Now, I am not a stroller person. Or I guess, my daughter is not. I had no idea that some children actually stay put in strollers for longer than five minutes, until I was out with family at the Reston Festival and my nephew happily hung out in one all day! Although Babygirl does not usually favor confinement, this option seems to meet her appetite for danger and thrills.
Danger and thrills!

 AND it would satisfy my appetite for saving money and reducing automobile usage. I am lucky to live within walking distance of work, but unfortunately still have to commute to daycare. This would definitely be a great way to start our mornings though! I can see us now... zooming through the streets of Herndon!

I know bike trailers exist, but I guess I just don't see them as safe, or being able to control them. Have you had success using a bike trailer to commute regularly? What do you think of the longboard stroller prototype?

More information about the longboard stroller design is available here. Hopefully they will be ready to hit the streets before Babygirl is too big to enjoy them!

2 comments:

  1. iBert seat for the bike is great...looks dangerous until you actually see it up close and in use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, the iBert Safe-T-Seat actually looks really cool! And it has some great reviews. I'll have to look into that, thanks!

      Delete