It's only a bit scratched up, but can you believe it was not missing a single piece? Here's a few tips to help you enjoy your own yard sale exploration:
- Get up early - This is actually more of a problem for me than for Babygirl! But with so many yard sales starting around 8am, you need to rise and shine for the best selection, before other buyers make their way to the sales. Sometimes things will go for less near the end of the sale, so keep that in mind too if you're just looking around for fun finds.
- Know what you're looking for - This helps you hold back from over-spending on impulse purchases. Personally, I've been out looking for patio furniture, puzzles, a "new" VCR (how else am I supposed to enjoy my Disney Classics collection?), and a waterproof digital camera (it could happen!).
- Remember to bring cash - This one is based on my own mishaps. I have become used to using a card, even at the farmers' markets these days. Luckily, the family we bought the puzzle from was willing to take a check. Next time, I will plan ahead and remember to stop by the bank!
- Be patient - Take your time looking through the finds. It's fun to see what little surprises you might come across! I find Babygirl is also calmer and happier when she can enjoy walking around without feeling rushed.
- Look for neighborhood sales - Multi-family yard sales offer a greater selection of goods without getting in and out of the car. Save yourself the time and conserve gas!
Thanks for reading! What are your best yard sale shopping tips? Share with us in the comments!
The Yuppie Hippie