Friday, July 5, 2013

Make a Greener Household Cleaner

No toxins, no wasted packaging or money -- but made with recycled and organic materials! All you need are white vinegar, orange peels, and a sealable container. I love the look of mason jars, and the fact that I don't have to worry about chemicals leaching from plastic. I found this jar at our local Goodwill for only  96 cents! You can get an even better deal right now on Amazon - 12 Ball® Pint Jars for under a dollar each!

Fill the jar with white vinegar, and just keep adding orange peels (or any other citrus fruit peels) to the jar as you eat them! I'm sure mine will be full very soon :)

Then I'm going to wait two weeks, and mix 1 part of my orange vinegar solution with 1 part water, and start busting some scum!

I can't wait to see how it works, and share! What about your greener cleaners? What natural products have you made at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment